I have just two more days to spend in Minnesota, and then I'm off to Prairie Center of the Arts for a four-week writing residency. Since I've been a derelict blogger (and will likely always be so), I'm going to summarize events of note.
- For a long time, it was supposed to be spring, but it wasn't. We had snow in May this year, and it was a bit more than my spirit could handle. But now the sun is shining and I've rallied.
- I joined the artist co-op at MCBA and I'm busy on a new book arts project.
- My poems have appeared recently in Handsome Journal, DIAGRAM, and Interim Magazine. I added a list on the sidebar of this blog that links to those sites.
- It's been crazy and wonderful to have Shawn's siblings in town, and less than a week later, mine. We rarely are all in the same state at once these days, so it feels like a special occasion.
- Speaking of special occasions, in Minnesota we recently had a historic one: our politicians did the right thing and legalized same-sex marriage. My two youngest sisters and I went to the capital to see Gov. Dayton sign the measure into law.
And so, life is busy, but good. I'm looking forward to some restful and writing-focused days coming my way in Peoria, Illinois.